Sunday, January 17, 2016

Inviting (mengundang/mengajak)



Inviting (mengundang/mengajak)

Here are some phrases and expressions for inviting in English.
·         Do you want to . . .
·         Do you wanna . . . (informal)
·         Would you like to . . . (more polite)
·         How about (V+ing) ?
·         How would you like to . . .
·         let’s + V1 
·         Why don’t we …? 
·         I’d like to invite you to…
·         I wonder if you’d like to
Some responds of inviting.
Refusing
Receiving
- I’m sorry I can’t
- I’d like to but…
- I’m afraid I can’t
- No, let’s not.
- I’d love to
- I’d like very much
- I’d be happy/glad to
  accept
- Yes, I’d be delighted to.
- That’s good ide

 

Polite invitations
Checking someone is not busy
Are you free on Friday?
Are you busy on Friday?
What are you doing on Friday?
Would you like...?
Would you like
...a chocolate bar?
...to come to my house for dinner?
I wondered / was wondering
I wondered
...if you'd like to come to my house for dinner
I was wondering
Other expressions
I would very much like it if you could come along
Shall I bring a bottle?